Customised profiles: the customisations offered by Profilsystem
Design and production of customised metal profiles for every application
Metal profiles can be used in numerous sectors and areas of application: from construction to furnishing, from the mechanical and electronic industry to goods handling. Each production sector requires specific solutions, specifically designed to perform best under certain conditions and for specific purposes.
Thanks to innovative production technologies and the experience of a team of specialised technicians, Profilsystem is able to design and produce standard metal profiles and customised profiles in different shapes and sizes, depending on customer requirements and end applications. All available profiles can be customised in a wide variety of ways and are manufactured with reduced dimensional tolerances, with the possibility of choosing from a variety of materials to meet the customer's exact requirements.
The characteristics of Profilsystem metal profiles
Profilsystem has extensive experience in the design and manufacture of made-to-measure profiles and over the years has specialised in the production of customised metal profiles that meet precise quality standards, designed to offer optimum performance and durability. In fact, Profilsystem's production is characterised by the high quality of the raw materials used, the use of cutting-edge technologies that are always in line with the latest innovations in the sector, great operational capacity, and careful checks during each stage of the production process - from the design of the metal profile required through to its manufacture and delivery to the end customer.
Profilsystem is able to guarantee the quality of its profiles and of the entire process, ensuring excellent standards thanks to its Quality Management System (in line with UNI EN ISO 9001 and 1090), the use of certified raw materials and technologically advanced production controls.
Customised commercial profiles
Commercial profiles are profiles in standard dimensions and simple shapes, including, for example, U-shaped, Omega and L-shaped profiles. The standard profiles offered by Profilsystem can be customised according to requirements, both in terms of dimensions and lengths as well as the choice of material and other specific customisations (such as drilling and pitch marking). In particular Profilsystem can offer:
- U-shaped profiles, which can be made of carbon steel (pickled, galvanised, polished or black), stainless steel, corten steel and aluminium and can also be customised with holes and markings;
- Omega profiles, which are useful in many sectors (such as the production of brackets or bicycle racks). This type of profile can also be made from different materials depending on the needs and precise characteristics required by the sector of use;
- L-shaped profiles, the classic corner profiles, mainly used in the building sector, which can also be customised according to specific customer requirements;
- C-shaped profiles, widely used in the construction industry, also available in a version with reinforced wings, characterised by greater strength and load-bearing capacity.
Special profiles and customised profiles: the solution tailored to your needs
In addition to standard commercial profiles, Profilsystem also offers specially designed metal profiles for every need: these can be fully customised and produced with specific technical characteristics, always using high-quality raw materials and with tight dimensional tolerances. Special profiles are characterised by more elaborate designs and can be used in a wide range of applications, such as the construction of metal structures, industrial buildings and support structures in the construction sector. To meet the needs of each customer, Profilsystem is able to design and manufacture 100% customised profiles, supplied in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses, depending on the precise requirements of each project.
In particular, the customisation options include dimensions and lengths (with standard tolerances or those that can be maintained as required), customised pitch holes, markings and clamping techniques for closed profiles. The profiling characteristics for non-agreed tolerances include:
- dimensional tolerances: +-0.5 mm;
- internal bending radius: 1 to 0.25 times the thickness;
- straightness of the bar: maximum deflection 0.25% of the length;
- torsion: 2° per linear metre;
- length: commercial mm. 6000 +-20 mm. Fixed +-1 mm.
Depending on specific customer requirements and the type of profile application required, it is possible to define tighter tolerances, achieving dimensional tolerances to +-0.3 mm, or customised internal radii as required.
Customised metal profiles: the choice of material
Customised metal profiles can be made from a wide variety of materials, such as steel, aluminium, copper or other metal alloys. The choice of material depends on the requirements of the project and the customer's preferences. Stainless steel design profiles, for example, are very strong and durable, but they are also usually heavier and more expensive. Galvanised steel metal profiles are cheaper but less durable.
Profilsystem metal profiles are manufactured using the best materials available on the market to guarantee safe, high-quality products and to provide the most suitable solutions for each customer's needs. Depending on requirements, special profiles can be requested in:
- ETP copper (Electrolytic Tough Pitch), obtained by electrolytic refining and treated with pine trunk (a special treatment of the liquid metal to reduce oxidation), ideal for electrical and electronic applications thanks to its low electrical conductivity. It is often used in the construction of electrical panels, welding machines and components for electrical installations;
- aluminium, a material with characteristics that make it ideal for use in many sectors, increasingly used in green applications thanks to its sustainability. Aluminium can be recycled without losing its original characteristics and with low energy consumption. It is also resistant to corrosion, water and certain chemicals and is particularly light;
- carbon steel, black or pickled, available with coatings such as galvanised, chromed or painted. Carbon steel can be used in a variety of applications such as metalwork, stamping, shipbuilding or high-strength automotive applications;
- stainless steel, characterised by greater resistance to oxidation and corrosion, even when exposed to humid air or water, than carbon steel. It is available annealed (and therefore even more flexible) in the different finishes BA, 2B, 2D, 2E and can be requested with different surface finishes, such as brushed (or scotch brite) or satin-finished;
- Sendzimir, Aluzinc, Magnelis galvanised steel or electro-galvanised steel: galvanised steel is obtained by means of a hot galvanisation process which insulates the steel from external corrosive agents. The difference between the different types depends on their coating and resistance to oxidation: about 250 hours for Sendzimir galvanised steel, about 500 hours for Aluzinc steel and about 1000 hours for Magnelis steel.
If you would like to receive more information on the various customisation possibilities offered by Profilsystem or would like to request a free quote, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our staff are at your disposal to answer any questions and advise you on the metal profiles that are best suited to your needs.